Born and raised in Madison, Wisconsin, I'm proud to still call the city home and share life's adventures with my husband, Sam and our fluffy goldendoodle, Willow.
A Passion for Travel
I'm Lily - Welcome to Office to Outdoors!
Weekdays you’ll find me working in my home office from 8am – 5pm for a local financial company, but every weekend or vacation day is made into an adventure.
I do not have dreams of quitting the corporate life and traveling the world, but rather climbing the corporate ladder and incorporating travel in whichever ways possible.
I have dreams of going back to almost every place I’ve travelled to so far. Some of my favorite places include Georgia (Jekyll Island, Atlanta, the Mountains), the beaches of Maui, and the deserts of Arizona. Cozumel and Punta Cana are my favorite places for warm winter getaways.
Get to Know Me Better
– I graduated from the University of Wisconsin with majors in Communications and Environmental Studies. I am now back attending the Wisconsin School of Business for my MBA.
– I work full-time as a Retirement Consultant, helping businesses administer their retirement plans to employees – think IRS regulations, contributions, plan design.
– Although I’ve always had wanderlust, I did not travel much until I met Sam in 2017, due to financial constraints. Now I’ve been to 43/50 states and several National Parks. Up next? International travel! Check out my post on how Sam and I met and eventually married to learn more about our love for travel.
– I LOVE spotting wildlife when traveling. Swimming with sea turtles in Hawaii has been one of my favorite travel experiences. I’m so looking forward to the day I travel to Africa and go on a safari, or several.
– I’m obsessed with hotels. I travel on a budget, often staying at mid-range hotels, so if this is you, make sure to check out my hotel reviews. I focus on all the details, no matter the price point. I’m also a huge fan of hotel points and will search for the best deals to snag an awesome room.
– Working out is a big part of my life. Occasionally I’ll find it in me to train for and complete a half marathon, but more often you’ll find me taking Peloton spin classes on my non-Peloton bike or joining my friends at my local CrossFit gym.
– I’m one of the pickiest eaters you’ll ever meet. People tell me I’m worse than their kids. Really, it’s bad. If you’re looking for excellent food reviews when traveling, this is not your blog, although I do include my favorite restaurants in posts. My diet consists of pasta, cheddar cheese, basic quinoa bowls, and more pasta.
– I drink so much La Croix that I really should be sponsored at this point. I don’t even want to think about how much I’ve spent on my favorite Razz-Cranberry or Tangerine cans. If you come to my house and feel obliged to bring a gift, no need for a bottle of wine, La Croix will do just fine.
– If there’s anything else you’re dying to know about me, just ask. I’m an open book and love connecting with you.
My Travel Why
I started this blog not because I’m doing anything ‘special’ or ‘new’, but because I love to travel, I travel a lot, and I want to share my adventures and how I do it with you.
I am certainly no expert, and as you’ll see I have plenty of mishaps along the way (yes, even a kidney stone in Las Vegas), but corporate life and travel can be done and even enjoyed.
Follow my posts to stay up-to-date on my next adventures and learn how I combine the corporate life with my dreams of travel.